Top Five Signs Of A Termite Infestation In Your Fort Bragg Home
March 15, 2022 - Termites
It’s important to look out for the early warning signs of termites around your home because damage and destruction are not far behind once this pest moves in. Termite protection in Fort Bragg is essential in battling all different kinds of termites that may invade your home.
What You Need To Know About Termites In Fort Bragg
There are several different kinds of termites in the Fort Bragg area that may infiltrate your home. It is essential to learn the difference between these, as they are all treated slightly differently. The experts at Mendo Lake Termite Control will also help you with proper identification.
- Subterranean Termites: This termite loves to nest in the ground around your property but may move inside.
- Drywood Termites: The termite prefers to nest in dry wood and ranges from tannish to dark brown.
- Dampwood Termites: These termites live in damp or rotted wood and have a light to dark brown coloration.
Signs Termites Leave Behind In Fort Bragg
These early warning signs of termites should be understood if you want to prevent an infestation of termites from growing out of control before it is too late:
- Discarded swarmer wings are a significant sign of termites invading your home. These wings are left behind along windows, baseboard, and door jambs by reproductive swarmer termites as they move in.
- Spotting termite frass around holes in your home can indicate tunneling is taking place. Termite holes are commonly along walls, windowsills, doorjambs, and baseboards.
- A rustling or clicking noise in the walls is a major indicator that termites are inside your walls and tunneling away. This noise is louder at nighttime when things are quieter and termites more active.
- Sinking floors, tight-fitting doors and windows, and peeling paint are all signs that major termite damage is taking place inside your home.
- Seeing mud tubes crossing from the outside of the property to your home's foundation indicates that termites have started moving inside.
How Hard Is It To Get Rid Of Termites In Fort Bragg
When a termite infestation is well underway in your home, it can be challenging to remove this pest. This is because termites will often tunnel into the hardest-to-reach areas of your home, and do-it-yourself (DIY) methods typically don’t work on them. Additionally, the wooden structures of your home are a termite’s primary food source, and it is impossible to remove this. A full termite infestation removal is the only way to prevent constant tunneling and to chew through the wood of your home.
You should note that termite protection in Fort Bragg is essential in deterring this pest from entering your home and avoiding the struggling of attempting to eliminate widespread infestations.
The Best Way To Treat Termites In Fort Bragg
The best way to get rid of termites in Fort Bragg isn’t to attempt home remedies or trust yourself to battle this pest – it’s contacting a termite specialist near you for help. The professionals at Mendo Lake Termite Control are well-trained in removing all different kinds of termites and infestation scales. Trust a termite specialist near you to provide the best way to get rid of termites and benefit from practical, safe, targeted treatments.
Contact Mendo Lake Termite Control today for more advice or assistance with termites.