What's The Best Way To Get Rid Of Termites In Fort Bragg?
September 15, 2022 - Termites
Are you noticing termite damage in your Fort Bragg home? Are you worried about potential damage if termites infest? Do you know the signs of termites? If you are looking for the best ways to prevent and eliminate termite infestations, professional pest control in Fort Bragg can help. Companies like Mendo Lake Termite Control specialize in preventing and eliminating termites in California.
Here's what Fort Bragg residents need to know about recognizing the signs of a termite infestation, the damage termites can cause in your home, ways you can prevent termites, and the most effective way to get rid of termite infestations now and in the future.
What Are Signs Of A Termite Infestation?
Termite infestations can be hard to spot, and it's always a good idea to seek professional inspections on an annual basis. However, there are some signs of termites that you should be aware of, including:
- Mud tubes running along foundation walls or other areas around your home
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped
- Uneven or bubbling paint - If you see what appears to be water damage without a source of moisture, termites could be to blame.
- Termite frass or droppings - These may look like sawdust and are likely to be found near active termite nests.
- Termite swarmer wings near windows and doors - Reproductive termites discard their wings after they have mated.
If you notice these or other signs of termites, don't hesitate to call the experts at Mendo Lake Termite Control.
How Quickly Can Termites Destroy A House?
Termites are small insects, really no larger than ants. However, once a colony begins eating away at the interior of your home, the damage termites cause can be widespread. What makes this reality worse is that termites often go undetected for months or even years, allowing damage to build over time. The exact time it takes termites to destroy a home can depend a lot on the species and number of members within the colony, but, given enough time, these insects can consume entire massive amounts of wood.
Termites eat wood 24 hours a day, seven days a week without rest, and colony sizes can grow into the millions. The average cost of termite repairs is $3,000. Unfortunately, this cost is often not covered by homeowners insurance.
Is It Possible To Naturally Prevent Termite Infestations?
There is a lot you can do to reduce the chances that termites will infest your home, but none of them come with a guarantee. Some of the ways you can prevent termites in Fort Bragg include:
- Limit soil to wood contact.
- Use a stone barrier between your foundation and any mulch or soil.
- Store fire wood and building materials away from your home.
- Minimize moisture by fixing leaky pipes, maintaining drainage, and using dehumidifiers.
- Frequently inspect your foundation, walls, and rooflines for signs of termites.
Of course, the number one way to prevent termites is with help from the professionals like those of us at Mendo Lake Termite Control.
What's The Most Effective Termite Control In Fort Bragg?
At Mendo Lake Termite Control, we provide the most effective termite control in Fort Bragg. Whether you need help preventing termite invasions or stopping termites in their tracks, we have a plan for you.
Our professional termite control options include thorough and reliable inspections, liquid termiticide for active infestations, fumigations for widespread infestations, and soil pre-treatments to prevent future termites.
We are also licensed to provide you with a wood destroying organism inspection and can write the reports necessary for buying or selling your Fort Bragg home.